ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Promotion rule for quantity discount
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:33:04 GMT
I'm not sure as I have been in vacation thes last times, but it seems to me that a change has
addressed this problem recently, can
anybody confirms please ?

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Raj Saini" <rajsaini@gmail.com>
> Vince,
>
> In my case it is just one rule. What I want to achieve is apply a X% discount if the
quantities are more than or equal to Y. That
> means if the quantities exceeds Y, all the quantities should be discounted by 10%. It
works correctly if the value of quantities
> is exact as Y or any multiple of Y. For example if Y is 10, it would work correctly for
10, 20, 30....
> Any quantities above the multiple of Y are not applied discount.
>
> Do you have above scenario working even for a single rule? I shall be thankful if you
can provide some insight.

> Thanks,
>
> Raj
>
> Vince M. Clark wrote:
>> Raj
>> You may be running into the same issue we are with quantities. Try this.
>> Delete all your rules and actions and add them back into the promotion starting with
the highest quantity first. I know it sounds
>> crazy, but we are pretty sure we have uncovered a bug related to qty discounts and
the only thing that seems to get around it is
>> by putting the actions and rules in from highest to lowest qty. It seems as though
the order the records are stored in the
>> database matters.
December 17, 2007 9:36:12 AM (GMT-0700)
>> America/Denver Subject: Re: Promotion rule for quantity discount
>> Hi Scott,
>> Thanks for fixing it quickly. However, I am half way of what I am trying to achieve.
>> Action - X Product for Y% discount works for if the quantity is 10 or multiple of
10. For example if I add 12, the promotion is
>> applied to only 10 and rest 2 are not included. Is it desired behavior? If yes, I
am surely missing something more.
>> I have created a test promo at demo.hotwaxmedia.com. Would be great if you can have
a look on that.
>> Thanks again for your kind help.
>> Raj
>> Action X Product for Y% discount
>>
>> Scott Gray wrote:
>>> Fixed in rev. 604551
>>> Regards Scott

Y% Discount doesn't respect the quantity as you said.

this is possible, I am missing something trivial.

this promotion applies to every item i.e. it does not
above action, it does apply the minimum quantity condition