ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Ofbiz for restaurants - please advise
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 06:16:48 GMT
I have been chunking away at Restaurant from some software i wrote in
cobol in 84.

The concept is a chain of restaurants.

the actual menu separate Catalog with BOM for dishes, that eventually
become products.
This allows the manufacturing to be implemented for ERP and kitchen
displays of preparation.

there is also a catalog that is used by the chefs or restrauant manage
to order supplies, that does not show up on the catalog for the Item
sold to the public.

for some restaurants They have terminals at the table for the customer
to  select menu items. this is a modified Ecommerce site. Some terminals
would have cc swipes and the cc processing would happen like and e
commerce site.

At this point then the POS is more a reconciliation for payment, and
change order.

the order in most cases would be comp by the restaurants manager in case
of bad service. here the pos would be used to recall the order.

You also have to reconcile orders that are walked out on and no payment
is made. The POS is used as a login and waitress, orders review for a shift.

You then need localization for the restaurant's flavor Like Mexican,
chinesse, and English, depending on the clients.

clearchris sent the following on 9/14/2007 9:44 PM: