ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jonathon -- Improov <j...@improov.com>
Subject Re: Switching databases
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 01:45:45 GMT
 > Be aware that mySQL will sometimes forget to do the right thing, and that
 > PostgreSQL is the reference database AFAICT, so draw your own conclusions if
 > its a tossup for you.

Actually, PostgreSQL is "the reference database" only where OFBiz is concerned. OFBiz seems
have been developed and tested mostly with PostgreSQL, and hardly with other RDBMSs. If you're

using anything other than PostgreSQL with OFBiz, be prepared to do some small bugfixes yourself

(bugs here are RARE, though).

PostgreSQL has many non-standard features, or advanced features rather. Certainly more powerful

than most RDBMSs out there.

That said, RDBMSs are still software created by humans. Every software has bugs here and there.

If there is any problem at all with the data layer aspect of OFBiz, it's not a problem with
any
RDBMS, AFAICT. There is one tiny (but significant) bit of a problem in the DBCP, which I
reproduced, documented and fixed. However, the fix may be considered "non-standard or
non-reference" here, so I'm not too keen to debate my fix into OFBiz SVN.

Jonathon