ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ian McNulty <...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>
Subject Re: Migration of Manager Ref PDFs to Wiki Format
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:50:04 GMT
Jacopo,

Your thanks are much appreciated.

Curiously, the post from Scott which you're replying to here still
hasn't arrived in my inbox. Some kind of screw up on server hops means
it's currently bashing around some minor island in the Pacific no doubt ;)

Some kind of improvement on the docs would certainly be appreciated from
my end. To paraphrase Harrison Ford, I might have been able to translate
this stuff into Wiki markup but that doesn't mean I understand anything
they say. I'm only pleased to be able to make some kind of contribution
to the community and can only hope that others will be able to develop
them into something that might help to facilitate the larger end-user
base David referred to earlier.

Best,

Ian

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Yes,
>
> kudos to Ian for his huge work on this, I'm really impressed and I
> want to personally thank him for this (but I'm sure others here will
> agree with Scott and me on this).
> I agree with Scott that we should try to improve these docs in the
> Wiki if there is some interest from the community in this task; in the
> meantime we could update the official links from the ofbiz site to
> point to the pages that Ian migrated in the Wiki.
>
> Jacopo
>
> Scott Gray wrote:
>> Hi Ian
>>
>> I believe these will eventually end up in the End-User docs section
>> that you mention below, but I wouldn't recommend moving them there
>> until any major revisions have been completed.
>> How do you (and anyone else reading) feel about the current content
>> of the docs?  If you or anyone else has time to contribute to them
>> further then that should take place on the wiki for now, and once any
>> efforts to improve them have slowed down, they could then be moved
>> over to the OFBENDUSER space to protect the work that has been done.
>> I'd be happy to try and answer any questions you might have if you
>> decide to work on this further (and I'm sure others would too).
>>
>> Personally I think you've done a great job migrating the docs and I
>> can guess how laborious the task must have been (I gave it a go
>> myself at one point).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott
>>
>> Ian McNulty wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I posted news of this a couple of days ago but put it in the General
>>> questions thread by mistake, so thought I ought to try again on a
>>> new thread.
>>>
>>> I've now finished migrating the complete set of Undersun Manager
>>> Reference PDFs to Wiki format.
>>>
>>> I couldn't get access to the OFBiz End-User Documentation section so
>>> was advised by Jacopo to put them under my Confluence Home page at:
>>>
>>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/~ian@mcnultymedia.co.uk/Manager+References
>>>

>>> Is this where they should stay, or do they now need be moved into a
>>> public section of the Wiki where they can be amended and refined by
>>> others as the project develops?
>>>
>>> Ian

mcnultyMEDIA
60 Birkdale Gardens
Durham
DH1 2UL

t: +44 (0)191 384 4736
e: ian@mcnultymedia.co.uk
w: www.mcnultymedia.co.uk
This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) named above and is
confidential. Any form of distribution, copying, discussion or use of this communication,
its contents, or any information contained herein without prior consent is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender by email or by telephone
on +44 (0)191 384 4736

as a result of software viruses and would recommend that you carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachment.