ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Walter Vaughan <wvaug...@steelerubber.com>
Subject Training Videos
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:10:03 GMT
I still subscribe to the mailing list of the commercial RAD package we are
migrating from, and one of the "guru" users put together a series of training
videos last year. That's all well and good, ofBiz has training video too with
printed transcription. What makes it difficult for me to use the ofBiz videos as
a reference is that you have to watch a lot to find what you might be looking for.

That was the same problem his training videos had (except he didn't even have
transcripts).

Now I don't suggest everyone watch this unless you want to see how perhaps we
could come up with some sort of "vidiwiki" that would greatly help with training
and reference guides. John (the presenter on this video) is 99% blind so he has
to use a screen reader and his screens are set on high contrast, but what's more
important is the concept and if we could do something like this for
ofBiz/openTaps. If you've been frustrated with the training videos however, the
20 minutes this runs might get some ideas flowing.

http://www.valar.com/forum1.wmv

On of the cooler features he had was downloadable indexing so that as
improvements to the keywords and categories occur the whole system improves.

I just think perhaps this is something that would benefit developers greatly if
we had "something" like this.

--
Walter