ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ComputerWorld Article, Mentions OFBiz
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:11:29 GMT
Hey Ian,

I can understand your frustration, but Jacopo answered you February
23rd with how the process of having your work replace the current
protected documentation would likely go.
1. Create the ones you're interested in updating in your user account
space (BTW, great work on getting to all of them)
2. The community can then review, add to, clarify, rearrange your work
as needed.
3. Replace the current docs in the protected space with the community
reviewed docs to protect them from being edited by those who may not
understand how things do/will fit together.

You just finished step 1 within the week.  I know I personally schedule
things I want to look at in the community project at least a week or
two out (and still am only able to get around to about half of what I
want to look at/contribute to).  I can only imagine the timetable for
those that are doing OFBiz professionally would be even more drawn out
than that unless it was a pressing topic.  In addition, there are a few
things going on with UI refactoring and AJAX implementations that may
make many of the screens that are documented obsolete or not work in
the same fashion that the docs are describing.  This week's hackathon
should show a firmer direction here.

I surely appreciate the work you put into converting those docs over.
I might suggest making a JIRA issue in regards to this so that
discussion can be a bit more collected as interest in reviewing this is
likely to trickle in rather than come in waves.  In any event, have a
bit of patience and I'm certain it will work itself out :-)

,Chris

<http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Undersun+Doc+Site+PDF+Exports>.

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/~ian@mcnultymedia.co.uk/Manager+References