ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "David E. Jones" <jone...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: ComputerWorld Article, Mentions OFBiz
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:45:44 GMT

On Mar 5, 2007, at 6:57 PM, Jonathon -- Improov wrote:

> David (Jones),
>
> What about those open source projects that are polished for OOTB
> convenience and experience? Even Apache (httpd) and Tomcat (both
> under Apache Licence 2.0?) have better OOTB "operational readiness"
> than OFBiz. Ie, they work well OOTB and they have very good and
> widely published docs to further fuel explosive rate of community
> development. (I understand you believe that approach won't benefit
> OFBiz; I don't know so I can't say.)

Yeah, I guess I like Jacopo's point that it would be better to quite
me than speak for me. In this I don't believe I even said/wrote
anything like that.

Having a large OOTB end-user community would certainly benefit the
project, in really major ways too. The problem is that the current
contributing community does not have sufficient resources to create
and maintain what would be needed to satisfy this sort of user.
Hopefully that will change in the future. In the mean time, the
project is self-sustaining and growing based on use by non-OOTB users
and contributors (or those that are OOTB users, but just extremely
patient... ;) ).

-David