ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Ballantine" <acballant...@willowbrook.co.uk>
Subject RE: Community supported releases WAS [Re: Properly edited OFBizmanuals]
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:33:24 GMT
David,

Thank you for that also. I will incorporate into a set of instructions for
Ubuntu.

Is your note a recommendation to use version 1.4?

Kind regards,

Andrew Ballantine.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Welton [mailto:davidnwelton@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 January 2007 15:27
To: ofbiz-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Community supported releases WAS [Re: Properly edited
OFBizmanuals]

> Although several of you have stated that its really easy to install ofbiz.
> It isn't for the uninitiated. My experience of installing Java is fraught
> with problems. This is mainly due to the layout of Sun's database. OK if
you
> install java JDK every other day, but here's a sample of what happens:

.... problems installing java ...

> OK I have already spent 30 mins, slowed down slightly by writing this at
the
> same time, and I still haven't completed step 1.

This should improve dramatically now that java is open source.  Even
now, on a properly configured Ubuntu system, you can do:

apt-get install j2sdk1.4

and be up and ready to go in a few minutes.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting