ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Ballantine" <acballant...@willowbrook.co.uk>
Subject RE: What does "OOTB front-end accessibility" mean to you?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:38:08 GMT
Jacques,

I am familiar with both QuickBooks and Sage. Sage is quite awful, but sells
because all the accountants recommend it. Quickbooks is great apart from its
limitations and inability to be enhanced. The arbitrary limit of 27,000
customers is one, difficult import/export of data another.

There is no reason why we couldn't have several versions that support
different vertical markets.
e.g.
Corner shop with POS and Ecommerce and/or ebay
Independent motor car workshop/repair/sales business
Simple box shifting wholesaler

The big, big point about OFBiz is that the architecture is right, and the
architecture should, hopefully, help young businesses do things the correct
way.

BTW There is nothing wrong with stipulating which system, database etc that
has to be used in a package. The world is quite used to that already in the
proprietary world. The point is to have a package that works for a
particular style of business with relevant sample data that works OOTB.
There will be ample consultancy work customising the extras.

Hope this is of interest.

Kind regards,

Andrew.