ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Iain Fogg <iain.f...@westnet.com.au>
Subject Re: POS Printer configuration
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:03:11 GMT
Daniel,

I use the same printer, although my POS platform is Windows XP. Not sure
if it'll help, but the relevant section from my jpos.xml is

   <!-- Star TSP100 futurePRNT POSPrinter (USB) -->
   <JposEntry logicalName="StarTSP100">
      <creation
factoryClass="com.starmicronics.starjavapos.ServiceInstanceFactory"
serviceClass="com.starmicronics.starjavapos.POSPrinterService"/>
      <vendor name="Star Micronics" url="www.starmicronics.com"/>
      <jpos category="POSPrinter" version="1.9"/>
      <product description="Thermal receipt printer" name="TSP100"
url="www.futureprnt.com"/>
      <prop name="model" type="String" value="TSP100"/>
      <prop name="portName" type="String"
value="tsp100lm:5&amp;1d51b7b2&amp;0&amp;1"/>
      <prop name="portSettings" type="String" value=""/>
      <prop name="doCheckedBlockPrinting" type="Boolean" value="true"/>
   </JposEntry>

   <!-- Star TSP100 futurePRNT connected cash drawer (USB) -->
   <JposEntry logicalName="StarTSP100CashDrawer">
      <creation
factoryClass="com.starmicronics.starjavapos.ServiceInstanceFactory"
serviceClass="com.starmicronics.starjavapos.CashDrawerService"/>
      <vendor name="Star Micronics" url="www.starmicronics.com"/>
      <jpos category="CashDrawer" version="1.9"/>
      <product description="Printer controlled cash drawer" name="Star
Micronics cash drawer controller" url="www.starmicronics.com"/>
      <prop name="portName" type="String"
value="tsp100lm:5&amp;1d51b7b2&amp;0&amp;1"/>
      <prop name="portSettings" type="String" value=""/>
      <prop name="controlPrimaryDrawer" type="Boolean" value="true"/>
      <prop name="firePulseWidth" type="Long" value="200"/>
      <prop name="sleepPulseWidth" type="Long" value="200"/>
      <prop name="capStatus" type="Boolean" value="true"/>
      <prop name="signalLevelHighWhenDrawerOpen" type="Boolean"
value="true"/>
   </JposEntry>

You have to make sure the JPOS driver is installed, and the "portName"
value is critical for correct operation (at least on DOS). I got that by
fiddling with various utilities on the Star install disk (they're all
java, so should work on Linux too).

Cheers, Iain

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Please take a look at jpos.xml. This should put you on the right track. From my experience
you have to find the proprietary
> elements. I used "TM-T88III POSPrinter" for instance and it take me hald a day to put
in place. Ray Barlow is using "Star TSP600" I
> guess and he may help you more on this subject.
>
> BTW "Null POSPrinter"  is not the right way to go and I never tried with USB printer
but this should be dealed by drivers(?)

> Jacques

Star new series, that seems to be an

> evolution of previous TSP600 series. Note that the printer has to be connected through
USB in my testbed.

>> I need to work with Linux, and the printer seems to be correctly configured in Linux
using the provided CUPS driver (at least, I

> can print from other applications).
>
>> However, I am not able to print the receipts from the POS application. I am working
with the default configuration as checked out

> from svn.
>
>> Shouldn't it work with the "Null POSPrinter" as specified in the jpos.xml file ?
(this is the device loaded by default according

> to the pos-containers.xml file.)
>
>> Actually, I didn't find any documentation about how to configure new POS devices
in OFBiz, so I am quite lost. Could anyone give