ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Sayoke Shome" <sayo...@TechMahindra.com>
Subject RE: Error coming frequenly on ofbizUrl
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:21:57 GMT

I am extremely sorry. I will surely send the stack trace when I get this
error next time. As you can see I cannot generate this error, whenever
this error comes first time I will send it to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayoke Shome | Technical Associate | Techmahindra Ltd | Gigaspace Gama 1
| Vimannagar, Pune | mobile : 09960969788

-----Original Message-----
From: David E Jones [mailto:jonesde@undersunconsulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:41 AM
To: ofbiz-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error coming frequenly on ofbizUrl

Please forgive me if this seems pretentious, but could I make a small
suggestion?

Instead of sending a screen shot of the user interface, go to the log
file and look at the full output generated by the server and if
needed copy and paste that into an email. This has 2 benefits:

1. you get more complete information, and information that is MEANT
for developers to see; in this case, for example, the text in the
screen shot does not show the root cause and that is necessary to get
even a hint at what might be happening; this stack trace is nearly
useless

2. a block of text is much smaller and more efficient to send in an
email (consider that this screen shot at 3 MB sent to hundreds of
people caused over 1GB of data to be sent out from the ASF mailing
list server...

So, for a first step toward a "way out", doing the above is what I
recommend for now and in the future.

-David

On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:38 AM, Sayoke Shome wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting an error very frequently in my ofbiz application,
> which is not easily reproducible. Whenever we are using "ofbizUrl"
> in <form> tag it is throwing up error trace on browser. But if I
> just do a refresh, it is showing the page properly as if the error
> never occurred.
>

> As it is saying it is failing to get the required map instance and
> on second time it is getting the instance properly.
>
> Is it a bug in ofbiz or I am missing something. Please suggest me
> what is the way out.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>

> Sayoke Shome | Technical Associate | Techmahindra Ltd | Gigaspace,
> Gama 1 | Vimannagar, Pune | mobile : 09960969788

> Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.
>
> Disclaimer:
>
> This message and the information contained herein is proprietary
> and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement,
> you may review at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html
> externally and http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html
> internally within Tech Mahindra.

> <err.bmp>

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review at <a href="http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html">http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a>
externally and <a href="http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html">http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a>
internally within Tech Mahindra.