ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Brett Palmer" <brettgpal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Test Suite
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 03:21:23 GMT
Sorry,  there has not been a lot of work done on the JXUnit stuff
since its original creation.  The JXUnit project did not get a lot of
support on sourceforge and the original contributors moved on to other
projects.

I continued to use the ofbiz jxunit code for some of my own projects
but creating data driven tests were still difficult to create and
maintain.

Over the past year, I have been working with a different framework
called grinder (http://grinder.sourceforge.net/).  There have been a
few posts on the subject from David Jones and Al Byers.  Al has
recently been working on it and we have shared some ideas on how to
make it effective for ofbiz.

Here are some of the features that I like about grinder:

- Uses Jython as a the scripting language to implement tests.  This
makes it easier to create new tests without having to compile and
deploy each time.
- TCP Proxy listener to capture web requests and generates a test
script.  This script can then be modified to be more dynamic
- Ability to simulate multiple clients with various load and frequency options

Here are some things that are missing and what Al and I have been discussing:

- Need to be able to separate data from the test
- Need to develop some jython utilities that can read in a common XML
(or something else) format for a test and pass the data to the jython
test script

Al and David can probably share some of their ideas on testing.  We
need to have more test tools but it is always a matter of priorities
and everyone is always busy with other tasks.

Thoughts?

Brett