ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Brett Palmer" <brettgpal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DATA IMPORT
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 02:03:55 GMT
James,

A lot will depend on how you are mapping your data to the ofbiz
tables/entities.  Once you have the mapping you can export the data
into an XML document that matches the <entity-engine-xml>
</entity-engine-xml> format.  Then you can use the ofbiz webtools
application to import the data.  You can look at the
ecommerce/data/Demo*.xml files for examples.

The difficult part is going to be mapping the data correctly.  There
are a lot of foreign key constraints that you must adhere to or the
imports will fail.

Let me know if you need more details.

Brett