ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "David Zelaya Herrera" <david.zelay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accounting configuration
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:55:48 GMT
Si,

Thanks for the answer, that idea looks good to me.
I comment to you that for the Peruvian accounting we need to credit to
different payables accounts, the choice of the account is based in the
supplier country and the currency. This distinction (of supplier country and
currency) helps us to know which accounts need an adjustment for exchange
rates. That takes me to another question. Where and when opentaps calculates
the gained or lost amount for the exchange rates?

For example if I have the next transactions:

Purchase invoice 10001 for the amount of 10000 euros. (03/10/2006 Exchange
rates from currency EUR to currency USD is 1.288)

Dr. Uninvoiced Item Receipts
Cr. Accounts Payable (10000 EUR x 1.288 = 12880 dollars)

Pay to purchase invoice 10001 (12/12/2006 Exchange rates from currency EUR
to currency USD is 1.088)

Dr. Accounts Payable (10000 EUR x 1.088 = 10880 dollars)
Cr. Payment Method GL account

My account payable was 12880 dollars and I paid 10880 dollars, I gained 2000
dollars for the exchange rates. Where can I do this operation in opentaps?

2006/10/2, Si Chen <sichen@opensourcestrategies.com >:

> The functionality you're referring to is actually part of the
> opentaps financials module which is fully compatible with OFBiz.

Right now, purchase invoices are only credited to the configured

--
David Zelaya Herrera