ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@undersunconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Database Test Suite
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:47:48 GMT

On Oct 24, 2006, at 6:42 PM, John Martin wrote:

> Setting up the service and using transactions sound like a good idea.
> The only negative that I see initially is that some times inspecting
> the data visually is quite helpful to see what is going on.  In that
> case, you have to let the transaction commit and then manually clean
> up the mess.
>
> Perhaps we could use the XML data import from with the build up method
> and the tear-down could intellegently remove data from the XML.  Any
> thoughts on that?

Just one: depending on the approach you take it's either really hard
to do, or requires a very large overhead and only somewhat hard to do
(which might be okay for test environments). Either way, it requires
defining exactly what you want, including the granularity of changes
you want to deal with. The tough part is the "intelligent" part...
what would that mean?

-David