ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@undersunconsulting.com>
Subject Re: EntitySync modifying defaultSyncEndBufferMillis ?
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:42:42 GMT

The main reason for this is that if there are multiple application
servers hitting a database their clocks may not be 100% in sync. This
waiting five minutes allows the clocks to be up to five minutes out
of sync without one server overstepping the time on the other and
leaving data in that dead-zone not sent to the other server, with no
good way of knowing that it wasn't sent.

If you have a single app server hitting the database, it should be
okay to use a pretty small time. One second might be a little bit too
small because you may have outstanding short-lived transactions that
have not completed and that might be missed...

-David