ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@undersunconsulting.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz Training (Fwd: Fall 2006 User Conference details)
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:26:42 GMT

Thanks for sending out this notice/reminder with the clarification Al.

It would be great to get 4 people in for this. The point of this
training will be to help people with some OFBiz experience and
training to take things to the next level and generally be able to
work more efficiently and effectively. This will be very hands on and
give people actual experience getting things done. As part of this if
people have specific things they need to work through that they don't
mind sharing with the group, that is perfect for the goals of this
training.

I've already arranged with one person who is traveling quite a ways
to attend this (overseas in fact) to do some mentoring if we don't
get enough people for training. If things go this way I would be
providing working space for people to work on their own objectives
and I would work with them on and off throughout the days. This would
be more "mentoring" than training, but is similar to what was planned
anyway. The only difference is I'll be working on other projects
during part of the day instead of spending the full day with those
who attend.

For those who can attend this is looking like an interesting
conference, even if it doesn't end up being as well attended as past
ones. I like the proposed presentations so far and am very much
looking forward to it.

In fact, this should be helpful to move forward certain parts of
OFBiz, especially the automated testing part which has been slowly
moving for a while and I think the time is getting close for it to
pop and become a mainstream part of OFBiz. If anyone is particularly
interested in this and wants to pitch in, this conference and time
spent around will be a great time for that (among other things of
course...).

-David