ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: DATA IMPORT
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:29:25 GMT
based on experience, it is better to have a direct connect, based on
manhours to get fixed width formatted and verified.

do a goggle search on
Unix odbc java
and you will get a lot of links
this one has many providers
http://www.unixodbc.org/drivers.html

 From there you have a couple of options.
one is to just dump the data and manually massage it to ofbiZ data. Not
recommenced.
second is to connect it to ofbiZ as it own instances and then write some
  code to port from it to ofbiz.
third is to write entity defs for the old data then use the entity
engine to covert from the old data to the new data.

each has it pluses and minuses.

James Troup sent the following on 10/13/2006 11:57 PM: