ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Date Comparison Function
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:24:02 GMT
You should be able to subtract one datetime from
another datetime.  If a-b>0 then a is after than b, if
a-b<0, then b is after a.  if a=b they are the same.
i know there are at least a couple of examples of this
in bsh files throughout the code base

--- Jacopo Cappellato <tiz@sastau.it> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I don't remember if we have something similar in
> OFBiz, but if not I
> think it is a good idea to include it; maybe I'd
> prefer to include the
> commons validator jar (and also the commons math jar
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/ would be
> interesting for reports
> etc... but this is anoether subject).
>
> In the meantime, thanks for your ideas and research,
>
> Jacopo
>
> John Martin wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I searched through the code base looking for a
> simple date comparison
> > method to compare two dates excluding time.  I was
> unable to find one.
> > Is there one that I can use?
> >
> > I want the ability to compare data A to B and
> determine if it is <, =,
> > or >.  I've writen one, compareDates(Date A, Date
> B) compares the day,
> > month and year of two dates, returing 0, -1 or +1
> indicating whether
> > the first date is equal, before or after the
> second.
> >
> > If there isn't one, I propose adding my method to
> the

framework\base\src\base\org\ofbiz\base\util\UtilDateTime.java

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/apidocs/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/DateValidator.html