ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: multiple websites configuration
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:54:12 GMT
Instead of copying the ecommerce app, you may prefer
this approach
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQ21

The advantage of this approach is that it's likely you
only need to maintain the pieces that you modify.
With the approach that Andrew suggested, if you copy
all of the ecommerce files and change them to
newecommerce then you must maintain all of
newecommerce and will not benefit from any advancement
in the ofbiz community's ecommerce without starting
over in your application.

--- Kurt T Stam <kurt@oneheartbreak.com> wrote:

> Andrew this is exactly what I need, and your
> comments exactly addresses
> other concerns I had while I was doing what I was
> doing. Thanks so much!
>
> --Kurt
>
> Andrew Sykes wrote:
> > Kurt,
> >
> > I'd warn against modifying the ofbiz-component.xml
> inside ecommerce.
> >
> > This is both unnecessary and means you're mixing
> your code and OFBiz
> > code which will lead to difficulties if you need
> to do an upgrade.
> >
> > There is a directory specifically for bespoke
> applications called "hot-
> > deploy". You can use the ecommerce application as
> a starting point for
> > your new app. Simply copy the ecommerce app into
> hot-deploy change the
> > mount point, application name etc and you will
> have a second
> > application.
> >
> > You'll notice that the controller.xml for this new
> app refers to
> > artifacts in the original ecommerce app, for
> example...
> > <view-map name="ViewRequest" type="screen"

page="component://ecommerce/widget/RequestScreens.xml#ViewRequest"/>