ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Redirect / restrict access based on geographical location of IP.
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:46:37 GMT
1) Create service to determine geo of Id
2) Create method either in java or simple-mehthod,
defining break points to various requests under the
conditions you specifiy.
3) Have service run as a <preprocessor> in the
ecommerce/WEB-INF/controller.xml

Being as you're looking for a solution in which you're
trying to sell things (ecommerce), I'm not sure I'd be
comfortable with the reliability of the various means
to determine the geography of an IP (false positives
for someone being outside your sales area).  This
might give you some ideas on how to determine the geo
though...
http://www.private.org.il/IP2geo.html

You would want to define a geo area using the various
geo entities to compare in your service.  Hope this
points you in a workable direction.