ofbiz-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jacques Le Roux (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (OFBIZ-9274) Add parameters information into Gradle tasks descriptions
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:58:41 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9274?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Jacques Le Roux updated OFBIZ-9274:
-----------------------------------
    Attachment: OFBIZ-9274.patch

Patch attached

> Add parameters information into Gradle tasks descriptions
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: OFBIZ-9274
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9274
>             Project: OFBiz
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Gradle
>    Affects Versions: Trunk
>            Reporter: Jacques Le Roux
>            Assignee: Jacques Le Roux
>            Priority: Trivial
>             Fix For: Upcoming Release
>
>         Attachments: OFBIZ-9274.patch
>
>
> With Taher we had a discussion on dev ML https://s.apache.org/BORY
> We disagree about adding parameters information into Gradle tasks descriptions.
> I still think that limited parameters information into descriptions would be an improvement,
notably for new comers or people switching from previous versions.
> Here is the current tasks list help
> {code}
> C:\projectsASF\ofbiz-framework-buildbot>gradlew ta
> :tasks
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> All tasks runnable from root project
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Default tasks: build
> Build tasks
> -----------
> assemble - Assembles the outputs of this project.
> build - Assembles and tests this project.
> buildDependents - Assembles and tests this project and all projects that depend on it.
> buildNeeded - Assembles and tests this project and all projects it depends on.
> classes - Assembles main classes.
> clean - Deletes the build directory.
> jar - Assembles a jar archive containing the main classes.
> testClasses - Assembles test classes.
> Build Setup tasks
> -----------------
> init - Initializes a new Gradle build. [incubating]
> wrapper - Generates Gradle wrapper files. [incubating]
> Cleaning tasks
> --------------
> cleanAll - Execute all cleaning tasks.
> cleanCatalina - Clean Catalina data in runtime/catalina/work
> cleanData - Clean all DB data (Derby) under runtime/data
> cleanDownloads - Clean all downloaded files
> cleanFooterFiles - clean generated footer files
> cleanIndexes - Remove search indexes (e.g. Lucene) from runtime/indexes
> cleanLogs - Clean all logs in runtime/logs
> cleanOutput - Clean runtime/output directory
> cleanTempfiles - Remove file in runtime/tempfiles
> cleanUploads - Remove uploaded files.
> cleanXtra - Clean extra generated files like .rej, .DS_Store, etc.
> Documentation tasks
> -------------------
> javadoc - Generates Javadoc API documentation for the main source code.
> Help tasks
> ----------
> buildEnvironment - Displays all buildscript dependencies declared in root project 'ofbiz'.
> components - Displays the components produced by root project 'ofbiz'. [incubating]
> dependencies - Displays all dependencies declared in root project 'ofbiz'.
> dependencyInsight - Displays the insight into a specific dependency in root project 'ofbiz'.
> dependentComponents - Displays the dependent components of components in root project
'ofbiz'. [incubating]
> help - Displays a help message.
> model - Displays the configuration model of root project 'ofbiz'. [incubating]
> projects - Displays the sub-projects of root project 'ofbiz'.
> properties - Displays the properties of root project 'ofbiz'.
> tasks - Displays the tasks runnable from root project 'ofbiz' (some of the displayed
tasks may belong to subprojects).
> IDE tasks
> ---------
> cleanEclipse - Cleans all Eclipse files.
> eclipse - Generates all Eclipse files.
> OFBiz committers tasks
> ----------------------
> copyDtds - Copy all DTDs from OFBiz instance to website
> gitInfoFooter - Update the Git Branch-revision info in the footer if Git is used
> svnInfoFooter - Update the Subversion revision info in the footer if Subversion is used
> OFBiz Plugin tasks
> ------------------
> createPlugin - create a new plugin component based on specified templates
> installPlugin - executes plugin install task if it exists
> pullAllPluginsSource - Download and install all plugins from source control. Warning!
deletes existing plugins
> pullPlugin - Download and install a plugin with all dependencies
> pullPluginSource - Download and install a plugin from source control
> pushPlugin - push an existing plugin to local maven repository
> removePlugin - Uninstall a plugin and delete its files
> uninstallPlugin - executes plugin uninstall task if it exists
> OFBiz Server tasks
> ------------------
> createTenant - Create a new tenant in your environment
> loadAdminUserLogin - Create admin user with temporary password equal to ofbiz. You must
provide userLoginId
> loadDefault - Load default data; meant for OFBiz development, testing, and demo purposes
> loadTenant - Load data using tenantId
> terminateOfbiz - Force termination of any running OFBiz servers, only use if "--shutdown"
command fails
> testIntegration - Run OFBiz integration tests; You must run loadDefault before running
this task
> Publishing tasks
> ----------------
> publish - Publishes all publications produced by this project.
> publishToMavenLocal - Publishes all Maven publications produced by this project to the
local Maven cache.
> System Administration tasks
> ---------------------------
> createTestReports - Generate HTML reports from junit XML output
> Verification tasks
> ------------------
> check - Runs all checks.
> test - Runs the unit tests.
> Other tasks
> -----------
> installAllPlugins
> Rules
> -----
> Pattern: clean<TaskName>: Cleans the output files of a task.
> Pattern: build<ConfigurationName>: Assembles the artifacts of a configuration.
> Pattern: upload<ConfigurationName>: Assembles and uploads the artifacts belonging
to a configuration.
> Pattern: ofbiz <Commands>: Execute OFBiz startup commands
> Pattern: ofbizDebug <Commands>: Execute OFBiz startup commands in remote debug
mode
> Pattern: ofbizBackground <Commands>: Execute OFBiz startup commands in background
and output to console.log
> {code}
> and here is what I propose
> {code}
> :tasks
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> All tasks runnable from root project
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Default tasks: build
> Build tasks
> -----------
> assemble - Assembles the outputs of this project.
> build - Assembles and tests this project.
> buildDependents - Assembles and tests this project and all projects that depend on it.
> buildNeeded - Assembles and tests this project and all projects it depends on.
> classes - Assembles main classes.
> clean - Deletes the build directory.
> jar - Assembles a jar archive containing the main classes.
> testClasses - Assembles test classes.
> Build Setup tasks
> -----------------
> init - Initializes a new Gradle build. [incubating]
> wrapper - Generates Gradle wrapper files. [incubating]
> Cleaning tasks
> --------------
> cleanAll - Execute all cleaning tasks.
> cleanCatalina - Clean Catalina data in runtime/catalina/work
> cleanData - Clean all DB data (Derby) under runtime/data
> cleanDownloads - Clean all downloaded files
> cleanFooterFiles - clean generated footer files
> cleanIndexes - Remove search indexes (e.g. Lucene) from runtime/indexes
> cleanLogs - Clean all logs in runtime/logs
> cleanOutput - Clean runtime/output directory
> cleanTempfiles - Remove file in runtime/tempfiles
> cleanUploads - Remove uploaded files.
> cleanXtra - Clean extra generated files like .rej, .DS_Store, etc.
> Documentation tasks
> -------------------
> javadoc - Generates Javadoc API documentation for the main source code.
> Help tasks
> ----------
> buildEnvironment - Displays all buildscript dependencies declared in root project 'ofbiz'.
> components - Displays the components produced by root project 'ofbiz'. [incubating]
> dependencies - Displays all dependencies declared in root project 'ofbiz'.
> dependencyInsight - Displays the insight into a specific dependency in root project 'ofbiz'.
> dependentComponents - Displays the dependent components of components in root project
'ofbiz'. [incubating]
> help - Displays a help message.
> model - Displays the configuration model of root project 'ofbiz'. [incubating]
> projects - Displays the sub-projects of root project 'ofbiz'.
> properties - Displays the properties of root project 'ofbiz'.
> tasks - Displays the tasks runnable from root project 'ofbiz' (some of the displayed
tasks may belong to subprojects).
> IDE tasks
> ---------
> cleanEclipse - Cleans all Eclipse files.
> eclipse - Generates all Eclipse files.
> OFBiz committers tasks
> ----------------------
> copyDtds - Copy all DTDs from OFBiz instance to website
> gitInfoFooter - Update the Git Branch-revision info in the footer if Git is used
> svnInfoFooter - Update the Subversion revision info in the footer if Subversion is used
> OFBiz Plugin tasks
> ------------------
> createPlugin - create a new plugin component based on specified templates. Parameters:
- PpluginId, for other optional parameters, see README.md
> installPlugin - executes plugin install task if it exists. Parameter: - PpluginId
> pullAllPluginsSource - Download and install all plugins from source control. Warning!
deletes existing plugins
> pullPlugin - Download and install a plugin with all dependencies. Parameter: - PdependencyId,
see README.md for the an example and using a custom repository
> pullPluginSource - Download and install a plugin from source control. Parameter: - PpluginId
> pushPlugin - push an existing plugin to local maven repository. Parameter: - PpluginId
> removePlugin - Uninstall a plugin and delete its files. Parameter: - PpluginId
> uninstallPlugin - executes plugin uninstall task if it exists. Parameter: - PpluginId
> OFBiz Server tasks
> ------------------
> createTenant - Create a new tenant in your environment. Parameter: - PtenantId, for other
optional parameters, see README.md
> loadAdminUserLogin - Create admin user with temporary password equal to ofbiz. Parameter:
- PuserLoginId
> loadDefault - Load default data; meant for OFBiz development, testing, and demo purposes
> loadTenant - Load data using tenantId. Parameter: - PtenantId, for other optional parameters,
see README.md
> terminateOfbiz - Force termination of any running OFBiz servers, only use if "--shutdown"
command fails
> testIntegration - Run OFBiz integration tests; You must run loadDefault before running
this task
> Publishing tasks
> ----------------
> publish - Publishes all publications produced by this project.
> publishToMavenLocal - Publishes all Maven publications produced by this project to the
local Maven cache.
> System Administration tasks
> ---------------------------
> createTestReports - Generate HTML reports from junit XML output
> Verification tasks
> ------------------
> check - Runs all checks.
> test - Runs the unit tests.
> Other tasks
> -----------
> installAllPlugins
> Rules
> -----
> Pattern: clean<TaskName>: Cleans the output files of a task.
> Pattern: build<ConfigurationName>: Assembles the artifacts of a configuration.
> Pattern: upload<ConfigurationName>: Assembles and uploads the artifacts belonging
to a configuration.
> Pattern: ofbiz <Commands>: Execute OFBiz startup commands
> Pattern: ofbizDebug <Commands>: Execute OFBiz startup commands in remote debug
mode
> Pattern: ofbizBackground <Commands>: Execute OFBiz startup commands in background
and output to console.log
> To see all tasks and more detail, run gradlew tasks --all
> To see more detail about a task, run gradlew help --task <task>
> {code}
> It seems reasonanble to me. You don't need a very large screen to see the longer lines
and it does not add confusion, but rather explain.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)

Mime
View raw message