ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Jugl <benjamin.j...@ecomify.de>
Subject Re: Cookie Consent In E-Coomerce
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:05:32 GMT
Hello all,

just before you go in head over heels, please consider the following:

    "However, some cookies are exempt from this requirement. Consent is
    not required if the cookie is:

      * used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a
        communication, and
      * strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information
        society service explicitly required by the user to provide that
        service.

    Cookies clearly exempt from consent according to the EU advisory
    body on data protection- WP29pdf
    <http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/files/2012/wp194_en.pdf> include:

      * *user‑input* cookies (session-id) such as first‑party cookies to
        keep track of the user's input when filling online forms,
        shopping carts, etc., for the duration of a session or
        persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases
      * *authentication* cookies, to identify the user once he has
        logged in, for the duration of a session
      * *user‑centric security* cookies, used to detect authentication
        abuses, for a limited persistent duration
      * *multimedia content player* cookies, used to store technical
        data to play back video or audio content, for the duration of a
        session
      * *load‑balancing* cookies, for the duration of session
      * *user‑interface customisation* cookies such as language or font
        preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer)
      * *third‑party social plug‑in content‑sharing* cookies, for
        logged‑in members of a social network."

(http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm)

Does OFBiz even set other cookies? If yes, for what are they needed?

Kind regards, Benjamin Jugl