ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lirzin <mathieu.lir...@nereide.fr>
Subject Re: Does ‘StartupControlPanel#loadStartupLoaders’ really require introspection?
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2018 22:08:47 GMT
Hello Taher,

Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilaments@gmail.com> writes:

> This is code which I refactored from a very messy startup code, and
> yes you are right, we don't need java reflection, and we do not even
> need a startup loader in the first place. The code could be much
> simpler.
>
> We used to have 2 startup loaders, the existing one, and also a loader
> for the GUI POS system which we deleted during refactoring. The idea
> back in the day was that the startup code could be instantiated by
> multiple loaders to customize the behavior of the system.
>
> The refactoring work is not yet done, and we got side tracked by many
> issues, but I would say maybe 50% or more of the existing java code
> base could be trimmed down and simplified.
>
> My recommendation is to completely delete the startup loaders API, but
> there are a few technical challenges to it because there is some state
> linked to it here and there, so it's a matter of catching everything,
> re-routing ,and getting a simpler startup logic.

Excellent, thanks for giving me more background on the current
implementation.  I have been looking at OFBIZ-8337 which seems related
and provides even more details.  :-)

I will be looking into deleting the startup loaders API.

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37