ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Shipping data duplicated
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2018 08:39:09 GMT
Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Looking closely at history, ShippingData.xml was put in 9 years ago with http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=816083,
so for the
ofbizsetup app, which is a bit weirdo in OFBiz.

Then was modified with OFBIZ-5890 and OFBIZ-7673

Rest inline...

Le 22/09/2018 à 09:27, Rishi Solanki a écrit :
> Hi Jacques,
> I dig into it today and found that the data exists in the
> "applications/datamodel/data/demo/OrderDemoData.xml" was moved from
> "applications/order/data/DemoShipping.xml"
> Also the data claimed as duplicate in
> "applications/commonext/data/ShippingData.xml" is similar but not exact
> matches with OrderDemoData.xml.
Yes, I was only speaking about "Shipping data", ie:
ShipmentMethodType
CarrierShipmentMethod
QuantityBreak
ShipmentBoxType

Those are real duplicate
> The ShippingData.xml  file has no entry in
> any ofbiz-component.xml.
Indeed, they are only used by the setup app. In SetupEvents.xml there is

    <!-- run demo Shipping  -->
    <set field="importShippingCtx.filename" value="${sys:getProperty('ofbiz.home')}/applications/commonext/data/ShippingData.xml"/>

Reading that, now I think we should not only keep the "Shipping data" in  ShippingData.xml
but also the file. I would rather rename this file and
other ofbizsetup related files (at least data files) with a Setup prefix to clearly signal
they are  part of this app.
But I also wonder if the ofbizsetup app is still alive, maintained and used by users. Last
time I tried I crossed issues (not biggie IIRW). I found
this https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12344840

What do you think?

Jacques