ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Old demo restarted
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2018 15:18:50 GMT
Le 23/08/2018 à 14:04, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> I'm not sure why you're hanging this on me,
Because you answered to the bait ;)

> but sure I'm willing to
> help.
Thanks, much appreciated!

> Can I get some information on how the crashes are happening and
> how you're getting notified, and I will take it from there.
I think after a crash it's mostly to use dumps there (we have several from the recent pas)
but I'm not sure they will help, and it takes time to analyse.

In the past I took the time to analyse some of them and it was interesting. For instance in
2010 I found a bug in a Java version we were using and it
helped me in a custom project I was also doing then: https://markmail.org/message/byu2ivjn7wckayzz

Lastly it was mostly lack of memory, despite having 8GB now. I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16780
for that, but not sure it was
the reason. At least we have less issues since.

Before (months ago) the Infra was monitoring our demos and alerting us by mail (you just had
to subscribe). Unfortunately we are on our own for that
now, too much projects in the ASF...
As as I said initially in this thread I'm currently using montastic.com for the email alerts.
My idea when I started this thread was that it all depends on me, and that's bad. So I wanted
people to be aware, you are much welcome.

Jacques
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 2:29 PM Jacques Le Roux
> <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>> Yes we can, will you?
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 22/08/2018 à 19:29, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>> Well, we can ask Infra for help, we can check available solutions, we
>>> can create a CRON script that checks things periodically, there are
>>> multiple ways to go about this.
>>>
>>> My personal preference is for a simple CRON script that takes care of this.

Infra team) company was kindly providing us a mean to monitor our demos but it seems that

which is free and seems as well good :)

is certainly the best free monitoring tool, with some possibilities others don't give.

every 5 mins and when the instances restart it takes more than 5 mins each.

the info in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tools/demo-backup could handle issues.