ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lirzin <mathieu.lir...@nereide.fr>
Subject Re: Editing comments in Jira
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 09:46:01 GMT
Hello Jacques,

Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> writes:

> While reviewing the later I stumbled upon the "Editing comments in
> Jira" information block. It says
>
>    <<This feature should be used very parsimoniously because it's not
>    easy to read edited comments from a mailing list and most people
>    read comments from the dev ML (Jira issues are redirected to dev
>    ML).>>

[...]
> So should we keep this sentence,? And if not, should we keep this
> whole information block?

The JIRA summary wall [1] is a convenient way to follow OFBiz
development activity.  IMO we should remove this information block and
recommend using JIRA Web Interface instead which doesn't have this
updated comment issue.  <notifications@ofbiz.apache.org> should only be
mentioned as an alternative in “degraded” mode.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/OFBIZ/summary

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37