ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Confusing entity names
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2018 07:48:47 GMT
Let me clarify my position. I'm not strictly against this change. I don't fear a such OOTB
change, after all it's only name change, isn't ? And what
you mentioned below Suraj is the right way to go. Obviously the concern is for custom projects.

Though I'm not directly concerned (I have no current direct responsibilities on custom projects
which could be impacted) I can foresee issues on
custom projects even if we provide tests to cover the change as Rajesh rightly suggested.
Because tests can't guarantee  to reveal issues in custom
code, so people might overlook when migrating. We have no ideas of what users do in their
project, it can be surprising sometimes. So I'd like to have
more opinions and especially ideas of people concerned. I'm not sure we will get them in dev
ML. So I think we should ask on user ML. Even if I guess
all users are not reading all messages on user ML, at least we would have done our best.

So it's more a +0 from me.

Jacques