ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOC] Welcome - Documentation Team
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 10:48:09 GMT
Hi Taher

Thanks for the feedback, I'll do that. I am also wondering about grouping all existing Jira
documentation tickets into the one main umbrella task too. Like you say it will then be a
single point of reference. It could also help us clean up some old issues that have been hanging
around as they are absorbed into the documentation effort.

Thanks
Sharan

On 2018/03/13 16:56:08, Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilaments@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great work sharan. Maybe in the future we should be putting the HR
> umbrella task itself as a sub-task of the entire documentation
> umbrella task. This way when we branch out to other docs we know where
> to reference and group them.
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I’d like to welcome our documentation team members to our dev mailing list.
You will find that the discussions here are more about the ongoing work to improve OFBiz and
our documentation effort is part of that. So to start off, I have updated the details in the
Documentation Team wiki page

> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Documentation+Team
> >
> > Please take a look through, and let me know if things are clear and make sense (if
not please speak up so that we can fix it :-). Also I would encourage anyone that has any
comments, feedback, suggestions then please make them as we can all learn new things.

> > An umbrella task for the Human Resource Guide has been created in Jira at the link
below

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10251
> >
> > -  You can see the list of sub tasks making up this guide. Each sub task is a separate
document (or topic section)  that one of the documentation team needs to write. Each task
also has a unique reference number.

> > -  You can click the link to view any of the sub tasks. They all have a short description
and include an attachment with an empty .adoc file.

> > -  You will see that most of the sub tasks are unassigned. When you select a task
to work on, it will have your name as the assignee.

> > -   You will also see that one of the tasks, the first one in the list has been
been closed.  Please click the link and take a look at this sub task as it will show you the
comments that were made while Michael and I were working on the task.

> > As you work on a task you can provide your feedback as a comment rather than the
dev mailing list because it is directly related to the Jira task you are working on. (We do
have another mailing list called notifications that automatically records all Jira comments
but don’t worry about that :-)

> > So the next step is that I will create an example of the hr-intro.adoc file and
we can work through the process of getting .adoc file reviewed, tested and committed into
the codebase. We will do it all together one step at a time and I will explain as we go.

> > So I would recommend that you login to Jira for this issue.   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10256
> >
> > Click the section on the right hand side to ‘Start watching this issue’.
This means that you will be notified each time this issue gets updated.