ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Restructure OFBiz Wiki
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 16:56:56 GMT
Hi Michael,

Another link of interest https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Wiki+Reorganization+Proposal

There are certainly ideas there and another (more complicated) mindmap attached. This was
in 2010...

Jacques

Le 28/05/2017 à 21:52, Michael Brohl a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> according to OFBIZ-9171 [1] I am trying to get some ground to restructure our wiki pages.
Digging deeper, it becomes more clear to me that we have a
> lot of todos to get this clean and user friendly. I am not surprised that users have
serious problems to dig through all this stuff which is
> cluttered all over the different spaces.
>
> There is some good documentation buried there and I think it is well worth to work on
it.

> The changes will be huge, I think, and I'm not sure how to start.
>
> I tried to work out some basic ideas and put them in a mind map. It's only the tip of
the iceberg but it could be a start.

> I think it's too much work to do this for alle pages we have so I'd like to ask you about
your opinions about the following proposed next steps:

> 1. make the basic structure based on the mind map proposal (after review, discussion
and related changes).
> 2. move everything to Attic/ Outdated Resources which is outdated or has no substantial
content. This can be reviewed and revived later.
> 3. move all subpages to the corresponding main areas
> 4. think about the use of different spaces. I think they are overhead and everything
should be moved under [2].
>    See also Jacopo's proposal on [3], which went a bit off-track with no decision on
the base topic.
> 5. review and rewrite the contents to match the new structure (divide, join, delete,...)
>
> The main question I have is: do we have to discuss every move or even do proposals beforehand
or can we just decide on the main structure and move