ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Gradle documentation and migration status
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:08:06 GMT
> So I'd like a confirmation on how you are handling changes you do inside the OOTB code
(framework, applications or plugins). Of course, I don't
> speak about poking inside the code, but putting changes apart to take care of the coming
updates/upgrades...

OK, it's now almost 4 days and I got any answers, so I guess this is no longer something of
interest for the community. So

  * I set OFBIZ-7962 "Migrate the patch management Ant targets" as a postponed task
  * I completely struck the "Patch Management Using Gradle Targets" section and will let it
as is. I will see later if I need to drop or update it.
  * I have closed OFBIZ-7677 "Update documentation with respect to implementation of gradle
as a replacement of ant"

For me the Ant to Gradle documentation is completely done.

BTW while looking at OFBIZ-9256 "Split the tools folder from the trunk and put it in another
branch" I noticed for OFBIZ-7677 I created a
documentation folder under the tools directory. I believe now, before splitting the tools,
we should put it directly under the root dir and put there
all generic documentation, I'll do so w/o comment before doing OFBIZ-7677

Jacques