ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to create a separate svn repository for the OFBiz official plugins
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 09:14:30 GMT
Hi Deepak,

Thank you for helping out! To me the challenge now is figuring out how to
do the restructure. Do we move? copy and dump? or some other strategy [1].
What happens to the subversion history? Should we add a tag that perhaps
says "before_restructuring_svn" for example? We also need to figure the
actual command itself to create the new repositories.

If you can help in this area it would be great, and I can focus on perhaps
making sure the plugin API works correctly and updating buildbot. I already
have OFBIZ-9182 setup for this task, so perhaps you can work over there on
the actual restructuring, putting the commands and your thoughts in place
on how to do it exactly.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/360758/moving-a-subversion-repository-to-another-server#360829

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Deepak Dixit <
deepak.dixit@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote:

> Hi Taher,
>
> I am willing to help, Please let me know how can I help in this effort?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Deepak Dixit
> www.hotwaxsystems.com
>
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <
> slidingfilaments@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Hello Folks,
> >
> > We are ready now to finally restructure our subversion repositories. This
> > requires the following:
> >
> > - Move everything except plugins from
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk to
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk
> > - Move the plugins directory to a new repository in
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/trunk
> > - Update the references in the website
> > https://ofbiz.apache.org/source-repositories.html
> > - Update the buildbot scripts (we might as well figure out why it fails
> > constantly lately)
> >
> > Any volunteers to help?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Taher Alkhateeb
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> > jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Taher,
> > >
> > > Jacques

> implementation