ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: What is the "Apache OFBiz" product?
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2017 10:37:22 GMT
On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <
slidingfilaments@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

But if we break the code similar to the way it
> was discussed in the above thread, then maybe we should have multiple
> names:

I agree we should find a product name for each of our (future) products.

> layer 1: The Apache OFBiz Enterprise Automation Framework
> layer 2: The Apache OFBiz Data Model And Service Library
> layer 3: The Apache OFBiz ERP Application
> layer 4: The Apache OFBiz Plugins

Or we could separate the name from its description like:

layer 1: The Apache OFBiz Enterprise Automation Framework         is a
platform...

layer 2: The Apache OFBiz Core            provides Data Model And Service
Library...

layer 3: The Apache OFBiz ERP Application          is a suite of
applications for enterprises...
layer 4: The Apache OFBiz Plugins         are extensions for
enterprises.....

Jacopo