ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sharan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback on Committer Mentoring and HipChat
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:28:53 GMT
Hi All

All good points Taher- thanks for detailing them in a clear way.

I don't think HipChat should be a restricted to be opened on certain
occasions - it is a tool, so should be available whenever anyone wants
to use it. Not everyone can collaborate only on our Community Days.

I really think that the history capability of HipChat should not be a
key focus - why? Because as already stated many times in this thread -
if it didn't happen on the mailing then it didn't happen. I see that the
fact that the HipChat history is not kept long term is a good thing
because it reinforces the use of the mailing lists for all the important
discussions and decisions. ThIs will also make it clear that the one
source of truth and the place to search for anything history related is
the mailing lists (not the HipChat, or wiki comments or anything - it is
our mailing lists).

Thanks
Sharan