ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: Important Changes to Release 13.07 and Use of Ivy
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 05:13:10 GMT
Hi Pierre,

in order to avoid as much as possible to break the momentum of the work in
the framework, I think we should follow the approach #1: migrate to Ivy
only the three branches and let Taher and the community to complete the
migration of the trunk to Gradle.

Jacopo

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> How do envision we approach this endeavour:
>
>    - work on 3 separate integration paths for resp. 13.x, 14.x and 15.x, or
>    - work on 1 integration path (on trunk) before the gradle approach will
>    be brought in, then backport to the abovementioned branches, and
>    subsequently phase out the IVY integration code when the code from the
>    Gradle approach has been integrated?
>
> Best regards,
>

> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <
> jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote:
>
> > Agreed, this is the plan we should follow; we should also port it to
> 15.12.
> >
> > Jacopo
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I suggest that we apply the IVY approach to the r14. branch as well, as
> > > this is getting pushed further and further into the future, with every
> > new
> > > critical finding we happen to stumble upon and make a release from that
> > > branch available shortly after we have fixed the 13.x branch.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >

> > > Pierre Smits
> > >
> > > ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> > > OFBiz based solutions & services