ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Malin <nicolas.ma...@nereide.fr>
Subject Re: Deleting CommonsDaemonStart.java
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 19:34:26 GMT
Hi Taher,

I tried to understand and comment your patch, but my apologies it's too
technical for me ! I'm sure on one point, if some other technical guys
don't raise any alert, it's that you proposition goes on the good way ;)

If I can, I will try to test some configuration case.

Nicolas

Le 22/05/2016 09:59, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> Hi Jacques, Jacopo and everyone,
>
> I have a big patch (about 1,500 lines) that among other things deletes CommonsDaemonStart
and fully refactors the Start component.

> I need help in checking this patch. The system seems to be running smoothly and all tests
pass on my computer. A few more eyeballs on this would help though.

> Thank you for your help!
>
> Taher Alkhateeb

system to work with in the refactoring; the removed code will always be available in the history
of the revision control system and the persons interested in completing the support of the
removed feature will have a chance to check the code out and refactor/complete it.

> Jacopo
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Jacques Le Roux < jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
wrote:

>> Actually this is what I think too. Adam never completed the work and
>> it's useless as is. Maybe he has his own usage of it, but for a reason
>> did not contribute it.
>>
>> Anyway, I see no problem removing it, it seems Adam and others are
>> also not concerned.
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 06/05/2016 à 12:11, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Jacque,
>>>
>>> I suspect that jsvc is half-cooked and is not really implemented. You
>>> can't find commons-daemon-*.jar anywhere in the code base. The only
>>> thing that exists is CommonsDaemonStart.java which is exposing
>>> Start.start(),
>>> Start.shutdownServer() and Start.init() and is not fully implemented