ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: 15.12.01 unreleased version in Jira
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:44:53 GMT
Le 10/04/2016 10:35, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> So, apart maybe some very specific cases, could we in others words say it should not
be used by bug fixes?
> About the very specific cases, I wonder when a bug fixes cannot be backported, notably
to the last release branch.
> I see only when a refactoring makes it too much troubles. Which also show that the refactoring
was not well done: the bug should have been fixed
> during the refactoring[1].

I missed at least one case: when you refactor by splitting. Then a bug in a splitted block
might not be spotted.
I guess there are other cases when refactoring, but I see no other reasons than refactoring

I insist on that because I want to update ("set in stone")
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Committers+Roles+and+Responsibilities#OFBizCommittersRolesandResponsibilities-Followingchanges

Jacques