ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From "Taher Alkhateeb" <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSSION] Refactor WorkEffort - Calendar(s)
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:17:20 GMT
Hi Pierre,

I would say that SystemProperty is definitely not the best solution. For
one thing, a system property is sort of a framework configuration, like the
theme, mail settings, some paths, etc ...

If you want an association between a calendar and a workeffort, then just
create an assoc entity. I would recommend to steer away from "not so
obvious" places as this is exactly why we started the refactoring project in
the first place.

Another thing to notice is that the service getWorkEffortEventsByPeriod
actually checks first in the incoming parameters whether a list of
entityExprList is passed to it, if not, it will call
getDefaultWorkEffortExprList passing in the WorkEffortType and CalendarType.
So maybe you can avoid the whole thing by making the filtration logic on the
screen level (or data preparation level) by passing the correct
entityExprList.

My personal preference would be something like the following:
- actually delete getDefaultWorkEffortExprList and fix the calling code
- do not add any mapping entities
- either hardcode the filtration on screen level OR
- create a new service that applies the filters for each component
separately (manufacturing, project, etc ...)

In other words, change the world around the edges, not at the heart of the
thing! This makes the code more resilient and not too specialized and
component dependent.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Taher Alkhateeb