ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Khurana <suraj.khur...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Product weight field confusion in Product entity
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 11:03:04 GMT
Hello all,

Hope you are doing good.

There are three sets of dimensions in the Product entity.
(productHeight, shippingHeight), (productWidth,  shippingWidth), (productDepth,
shippingDepth) which all makes perfect sense to user.
But in case of another dimension i.e. weight, there is another set of
dimension fields weight and productWeight in Product entity.
When I dig into the framework code weight field is more used when we are
talking about actual product weight and productWeight field is not used
anywhere.
Also, there is no field such as shippingWeight.
Can someone please put some more light on this and explain the exact use of
productWeight field and what is the exact way to store shippingWeight of a
product on Product level.
Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards,