ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [Proposition] deactivate by default all specialpurpose component
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:31:16 GMT
Yes I see, as suggested by Nicolas. But it seems not obvious for a non technical person,  and
they are often those who assess the product by simply
running the fasted and easiest ways (I do that also with other software, who don't? ;))
Like "Start" section at http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html and others alike in wiki. Unfortunately
you can only make 1 1st impression. Of course,
we possibly could give them an UI for that but we should at least change (all) our documentation.

And even if we agree on this, the main part of the work remains: some components should not
be "commented out".

 1. AFAIK example and exampleext does not override anything and they are useful (at least
to me), notably in official demo.
 2. Obviously, as it was in R13.07, ecommerce. But not sure the ecommerce component does not
override applications...
 3. The POS is not concerned: not used in official demos, does not override anything.
 4. I wonder about the WepPos, does it overrides something, I don't think so but not sure
 5. Several persons spoke about the project manager, not sure it overrides applications.

So the 1st step should be to clearly identify which components are concerned.

Jacopo said <<the default demo of OFBiz will only showcase the more specialized behaviors>>
We could have all released demos not using some
specialpurpose components but trunk with all? It's bleeding edge after all.

Jacques

Le 21/11/2015 13:07, slidingfilaments@gmail.com a écrit :
> Hi Jacques,
>
> what about a parameter using -D for the build script. we can also do something programmatic
in the ./tools directory.

> Regards,
> --
>
> Taher Alkhateeb
>
>> On Nov 21, 2015, at 12:53 PM, Jacques Le Roux<jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
 wrote:

>> I'd veto something which would blindly applies to all specialpurpose components,
see my last post about that

>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 21/11/2015 09:22, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
>>> Taher,
>>>
>>> I like your proposal; in fact this feature would be useful not only for
>>> automated deployments/tests but also to end users to easily enable the
>>> components they like.
>>>
>>> Jacopo

I would