ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From "David E. Jones" <d...@me.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Begin Replacing OFBiz Framework With Moqui
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 05:48:27 GMT

> On 29 Apr 2015, at 08:01, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
> What is the reason not to absorb Moqui or a fork of Moqui into OFBiz if we decide to
replace the existing framework with Moqui.

> Is there a reason to have Moqui as a separate Apache project? Seems like extra overhead
for no advantage.

Moqui is already a separate project. The OFBiz community could certainly create a fork of
Moqui and change whatever is desired (though that shouldn’t be necessary), but Moqui Framework
is already a separate project with its own ecosystem of business artifacts and applications.
That won’t ever change, Moqui will always be a separate project.

-David