ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] reintroduce the evicted specialpurpose components in R13.07
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:40:59 GMT
+1
+0

Jacques

Le 22/03/2015 18:27, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> I tried to begin a discussion on this subject few times, notably at http://markmail.org/message/lgqhdtotwhfebqmw
>
> But nothing happened, so I think the best is to start a vote. I see 2 questions hence
2 votes, I don't think it's necessary to start 2 threads
> because these 2 questions are closely related.
> So please vote for both questions, the ballot will last a week to allow everybody to
have a chance to cast a vote.

> You can refer to https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html if you need information
on how to vote. I suggest we only use

> +1 = I'm for
> +0 = not sure
> -1 = I'm against
>
> 1) Do you agree to reintroduce the evicted specialpurpose components in R13.07?
> Notes:
> The question is not about which components should and should not, it's all or nothing.
Choosing component to put to Attic should be done in trunk as
> we did with appserver recently.
> I proposed 2 ways for doing that in the thread linked above, depending on the result
of this vote this will be or not a new question (or might be
> discussed again if the vote is positive)
>
> The 2nd is of more importance since it concerns future releases
> 2) Do you agree to reintroduce the evicted specialpurpose components in future R13.07
releases?
> Note: Jacopo already started a thread about it at http://markmail.org/message/vwyuaokuzcj44z6w
that's why I decided to ask for a vote to clearly and
> definitively close this chapter with the help of the community. Personally I will be
happy with the solutions the community will come with.

> The current situation (all but ecommerce component evicted from specialpurpose in R13.07
branch and releases) comes from a lazy consensus (no formal
> vote) but weirdly now both questions concern a code modification so can be vetoed. Note
that the second question is not about releasing or not. So