ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: redefining the components' directory layout for source files
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:08:46 GMT
Improvements, though painful at first when applied, are always intended
with the future in mind. And it is based on the past. Not improving is like
living in the past.

That being said, I find good in any argument provided. Yes, it has impact
And yes, undertaking something like this should be done with JIRA issues
and in a separate branch. So that persons can evaluate and assess impact on
migration aspects for their custom dependencies. And after it has been
evaluated and people have had time to assess impact on the migration
aspects, it is time to vote on bringing it back into trunk and a release.

Jacques remarked 'sounds like marketing to me', and there is nothing wrong
with being able to promote OFBiz with innovations applied. No one forgoes
the 'New/Improved' opportunity when it comes to promotions. It brings fresh
blood, even to open source projects.

When all the viewpoints have been posted, it is time to assess each
argument and work towards consensus by means of compromising.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-