ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Creating a new release branch before the end of the year ("release14.12")
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:07:12 GMT

Le 20/12/2014 13:02, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Next year release branch 14 can also be created as it follows release
> branch 13. This policy of having the branch number (and subsequent major
> release number) *always* match the last two digits of the year it is
> created in - and thus avoidance of gaps, is limiting us.

Nothing prevent us to not create a relase branch in 2014 and only create on in 2015 when ready.
Actually, due to Adrian's and my request, I believe we should rather go that way

> If we create a new branch now in order to meet adherence to that policy, it
> means that we are going to exclude the 60 patches available on the JIRA
> issues marked as improvement in the upcoming release. Are we sure this is
> what we want?

This is as well a good argument to delay the branch creation, even if we can expect to have
all patches reviewed each time we need to create a
branch... but 60... !

> Creating branches should meet a higher project purpose than just such a
> policy.

As I said above you invented this policy, we are free to skip a year

Jacques