ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From gil portenseigne <gil.portensei...@nereide.fr>
Subject Re: Moving the "bi" component from framework to specialpurpose
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 22:27:31 GMT
Hi,

+1

And thanks for the explanation and history ! To have it as an option is
great !

Gil

On 20/11/2014 10:44, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to migrate the "business intelligence" component ("bi") from framework to
specialpurpose; in the process I would also like to migrate all the artifacts (dimension and
fact entities and star schemas, and reports) from all the applications to the "bi" component.
> Then I would also like to set this component as "disabled" by default.
> When I initially design and contributed this component I have placed it in the framework
to let application use some of its low level services to build their own reports: however
over time I noticed that the need to configure the olap data model caused some confusion to
users (especially the ones that do not use this feature); moreover, the definition of dimensions,
facts and schemas is currently widespread over several components (whose boundaries don't
match very well with the domains for business intelligence) and this makes more difficult
to understand the bi data model. After the migration I am proposing here we will have all
the bi data model in one place (the bi component).

--

<www.nereide.fr>

	Gil Portenseigne
Consultant ERP OFBiz