ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: How to use ProjectMgr in 13.07
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:04:18 GMT
On Nov 7, 2014, at 12:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> This will no longer work for some components (scrum for instance)
>
> I believe we could be reintroduce some specialpurpose component in next release,

There is a difference between including them in a release branch and including them in the
releases: I would be more inclined to include (all of them) in the release branches but exclude
them from the releases; this would simplify the work required to keep them in synch and would
also help end users to integrate them.
However the specialpurpose components should be disabled in order to avoid the users to get
a default ootb release/branch with enabled special purpose functionalities that may override
the more general purpose ones offered by the core applications.
We should still consider the idea of providing separate products for the specialpurpose components
(and having them in the branch would help this process).
If the idea I am proposing here (include the specialpurpose components in the branch but not
in the releases) we could re-add them (as disabled) also to the 13.07 branch but exclude them
from all the releases (13.07.02 etc...): this will protect all the stabilization work we did
on the branch (and also from some licensing issues that may affects some of the artifacts
in some of the specialpurpose components) .

Jacopo

> as long as they are backed by some efforts, come to mind
> project manager (Pierre Smits?)
> scrum (Hans?)
> examples and ext (at least me)
> myportal (French people use portals, not sure for myportal?)
>
> Other components?
>
> IRRW Jacopo said he was not against a new discussion on this subject (I could not find
his message), what do you think?

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/trunk/tools/demo-backup/branch13.7-demo.patch?view=markup
>>> You can use the same to keep in sync, only consider projectmgr in your case.
Since there is no  projectmgr in R13.07 the risk of gettins conflicts or build issue is extremely
low

>>> Jacques

it necessary. My fear is about incompatibility between 13.07 and trunk technologies, but that
won't happen soon, or i might backport the evolution into my local environment.

component into the 13.07 release, but i have a question :

13.07 checkout environment, to start using it in a real project and to contribute on upgrading
it for trunk and/or the 13.07 release ?

13.07 release with projectMgmt features.