ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin Mabie <kwikst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Theme bootstrap
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:18:29 GMT
Julien, Taher

You're both making good points.  I like the generic approach proposed by
Julien, but this could well be a longer term objective.  In fact starting
with Bootstrap does not necessarily imply that other frameworks will be
excluded. Also, inline with Adrian's comment, we should stay away from the
core framework as far as possible for now and focus on the MacroLibraries
as defined in widget.properties.  This is not to say that there will not be
any modifications to the framework - there might well be.
There is enough interest in Bootstrap to suggest that we start with it as a
way forward.

1. I therefore agree with Taher that we create the following setup under
the images app to begin with.  I believe that this will be within the
frontendNewTheme branch alluded to by Jacques.

bootstrap/
├── css/
│   ├── bootstrap.css
│   ├── bootstrap.min.css
│   ├── bootstrap-theme.css
│   └── bootstrap-theme.min.css
├── js/
│   ├── bootstrap.js
│   └── bootstrap.min.js
└── fonts/
    ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot
    ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg
    ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf
    └── glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff

2. Create a new theme component as an Admin Template app - I suggest
that we clone Tomahawk. Maybe we can call it Vanilla Bootstrap.

3. Add screens and widgets to the new app - much like the current
Example app.  This can be used as an admin template -See
http://demo.onokumus.com/metis/.

4. Like the Example app we can use the Admin Template app to demo
Ofbiz-Bootstrap.

5.  The Admin Template app is used in the normal way, i.e, create jiras etc.

If this approach is acceptable then someone with the appropriate
credentials can get the ball rolling by completing step 1.

Regards

Gavin