ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Mandatory JUnit tests for new functions
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 06:31:43 GMT
A few days ago Scott and I had already discussed about unit tests for the new query builder
and they will come soon: the new API will not go into any release without unit tests.
In fact I think that Scott told you that he is not going to work on OFBIZ-5699 because he
is busy with the query builder API at the moment: but that ticket is completely unrelated
to it and I am not sure why you are asking him to work on it.

Jacopo

> So Scott,
>
> you introduce a new API named EntityQuery without a unit test, then you are going to
replace the existing well working API with something which is not tested continuously....

> i love the idea :-(
>
> and then everybody asking for reliability and quality.....
>
> Regards,
> Hans

not a fan of it at all.  If there were support for converting them to groovy (do we even support
groovy tests?), I'd be glad to help lead that change.