ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Subject Re: Theme bootstrap
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:07:57 GMT
It is important to understand the screen widget architecture:

Widget Models -> Renderer -> FreeMarker Macros -> HTML + CSS (or CSV, or...)

The Widget Models and Renderer are output agnostic - they don't "know"
what type of output is being generated. So those artifacts do not need
to be changed to support Bootstrap.

The only things that need to be changed to support Bootstrap are the
FreeMarker macros - so that they output Bootstrap HTML + CSS instead of
the current OFBiz-specific HTML + CSS.

You can still use the visual themes functionality, but they will be
different themes - since the HTML being styled is completely different.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com