ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: specialpurpose in R13.07 demo
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:07:27 GMT
Le 30/09/2014 08:47, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> Also, since (by design) the specialpurpose components there could be incompatible components
(i.e. specialpurpose/a causes side effects in specialpurpose/b), or alternative components
(i.e. specialpurpose/a is a different implementation of the same features of specialpurpose/b)
or components that override some of the screens published by the applications (i.e. specialpurpose/a
replaces applications/a screen with a custom version), we should, by default, disable (most
of) them and provide a README file with the information on how to enable them selectively.

I agree about the idea, but this applies only to releases or checked out code. Because there
are no ways for users to enable/disable a component in
demos, moreover demos are shared.
So before this effort is accomplished it's better to run the R13.07 demo completed with the
specialpurpose components also present in trunk demo.
Then we would put as external in R13.07 (and sequel releases) only the not (by default) disabled
components in trunk, a bit convoluted though :/

A moment I even thought about Attic for some unmaintained components (ebaystore?, googlebase?,
googlecheckout?, jetty?, webpos?, ...), WHO cares?

BTW I just noticed that we missed to adapt the ecommerce component in R13.07 for the missing
ebaystore and googlecheckout components.
I guess it's only about checking in trunk HEAD code for these components presence and hidding
their buttons when they would otherwise show. This
should be backported in R13.07 of course.

Jacques

> Jacopo
>
> On Sep 30, 2014, at 8:38 AM, Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.com>
wrote:

>> in my opinion it is better to run the demo on the exact copy of the release branch.
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> On May 30, 2014, at 2:28 PM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For the R13.07 demo I think we should set an external property from trunk into
specialpurpose for some (those which make sense) components.